Our history is the history of long-term and successful practice, which ensured high reputation and rating of our Agency.
Our Agency was founded in 1993 by Irina Osharova and Michael Doubinsky.
The first seven years (1993 – 2000) became the period of accumulating the invaluable experience and adopting practices and methods of legal firms in Germany, United Kingdom, France and the USA.
At the end of 2000 we felt the necessity to change philosophy and strategy of our practice. Thus, we extended the legal direction of our business. We invited talented lawyers to our team. At this time the decision to create Doubinsky & Osharova Patent and Law Agency was made.
Our professionalism was recognized soon and the Agency became a leader of a number of national and international rankings.
In 2002 the Agency was included in the list of 50 leading Ukrainian law firms (by the Legal Practice newspaper), and was named among the legal market leaders (by Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients edition).
In 2008 the Agency won Excellence in Trademark Practice/Litigation nomination in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, Africa) and was awarded a prestigious international reward (World Leaders International IP Awards 2008).
The same year the Agency won the Intellectual Property Rights Protection (Ukrainian professional Business Olympus Awards of 2008) nomination of the Ukrainian Legal Olympus Program.
In 2011, 2013 and 2015 the Agency won Legal Awards in The Best IP Law Firm of the Year nomination annually held by the Legal Practice national newspaper.
Partners of the Agency gained personal recognition:
In 2004 Michael Doubinsky was named one of the most famous Ukrainian lawyers, and in 2007 he won the Legal Awards in the Best IP Lawyer nomination (according to the Legal Practice newspaper).
In 2013 Michael Doubinsky was named Lawyer of the Year in IP, and Irina Osharova and Anton Koval were named among the most reputed and recommended lawyers in the field (according to BEST LAWYERS 2013 edition).
In 2014 Yaroslav Ognevyuk won the Legal Awards in the Best IP Lawyer nomination (by the Legal Practice newspaper) and was named the best IP lawyer of 2014 according to Corporate LiveWire international edition.
At present the Agency continues keeping top rank in the market of legal services:
- Included in “Gold Tier” in the field of trademarks according to "World Trademark Review 1000 (WTR 1000)";
- Included in Top Tier 1 of recommended IP law firms according to Legal 500 EMEA;
- Leads Tier 1 in the Patent Сontentious, Patent Prosecution, Trademark Contentious-/Copyright, Trademark prosecution nominations according to “The World’s Leading Patent Firms Survey - Managing IP”;
- Included in Band 1 in relation to IP according to Chambers Europe Guide 2015;
- Among leading IP firms according to Ukrainian Law Firms 2016. A Handbook for Foreign Clients;
- Among leading Ukrainian firms according to Leaders of the Market: Ranking of Law Firms of Ukraine 2016 by Legal newspaper;
- Included in top-50 leading Ukrainian law firms (according to the Legal Practice newspaper).